The lessons I learned that day were:
1. E-mail the Zumba instructor or the gym well ahead of time to verify dates, times, and location of the classes you want to attend. Many of the Zumba Fitness Instructors can be contacted through their website.
2. Take a GPS with good Mexico map software on it as well as a map of the area for back-up help.
3. Many of the locals don't read maps well, so asking for help with a map or address is often useless.
4. The Google Map on the Zumba Fitness website is often not accurate for the location of the class. It basically shows the correct town, but the actual address should be confirmed with the Instructor.
LOCATIONS OF ZUMBA CLASSES IN SAN CARLOS, SONORA, MEXICO:
1. MARINA TERRA HOTEL: Lula is the Licensed Zumba Instructor giving classes at Marina Terra Hotel on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:15 to 10:15AM. The classes are on the upstairs terrace. The cost is 30 pesos (about $2.50 U.S.) per person or 50 pesos (about $4.00 U.S.) for a couple, such as a husband and wife or mother and daughter. This is an upscale hotel located on the Embarcadero, overlooking the Marina. As you drive through town on the main road, there will be signs directing you to this hotel. You can e-mail Lula to confirm class information at email@example.com.
To find the Athletic Club, as you are coming into town from the Mex 15 highway, turn right at the first Extra mini-market. The gym is about two blocks down, on the left. The address is Avenida 3 #110 at the corner of Calle IV. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify the current schedule.
RUBY WINE BAR: Exhausted from searching for Zumba classes in town and disappointed that we had not yet attended a single class, we went in search of refreshments on the Embarcadero near the Marina Terra Hotel. Ruby Wine Bar was just the place to end the day with a delicious salad, pizza and glasses of wine from Italy. The view of the yachts in the Marina and the mountains in the background was perfect as we sat outside at the sidewalk table enjoying our dinner.